I feel that the people of America will finally wake up and send a clear message to Bush. Here in Texas, we are going to have a very entertaining Governor's Race. Independant candidate Kinky Friedman seems to be picking up steam and seems to have some very interseting ideas such as the following taken from his website:
* Legalize casino gambling to fund education
* Abolish political correctness “We didn’t get to be the Lone Star state by being politically correct”
* Take a good look at death row. “We need to make sure that we’re not putting innocent people to death, which I believe we are”
* Outlaw the de-clawing of cats
* Bring young people into his administration. “Young people are less corrupt. They are the future of Texas ; it’s theirs to win or lose.”
"It's time for Texas to reclaim bragging rights as an energy icon. As governor, Kinky will accomplish that by encouraging investment and innovation in new methods of electricity generation and new fuels like biodiesel."
“If elected, I would ask Willie Nelson to be the head of the Texas Rangers and Energy Czar and Laura Bush to take charge of the Texas Peace Corps to improve education in the state. I’d ask my Palestinian hairdresser, Farouk Shami, to be Texas ’ ambassador to Israel . We’ve worked together to create Farouk & Friedman olive oil. The oil comes from the Holy land and all of the profits go to benefit Israeli and Palestinian children.”
I think we need more people like Kinky to stand up and do something about the state of politics today.