Friday, January 20, 2006

Rare Pantera Videos

I saw a post on Blabbermouth that had a link to several Pantera videos taped back in '86. I searched around the website, and found this. Pretty damn cool! Brings back some cool memories of being a teenager and hanging out at Rascals or Metal Works in Arlington. I could not stand Pantera back then. I was in to Slayer, Exodus, and other kick ass thrash metal shit. Pantera was not metal. Some called them glam metal, but I think glam rock would be a better term used to describe them. When Phil joined in '86, they began to evolve into the Pantera that became the powerhouse band that we admired. But these videos are still pretty cool. That hair still trips me out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo.

BigNewsDay said...

Boo Who?

clew said...

Just wandered in from Echo's place - had to check out what all the noise ws about ;) ... hey I used to live right near the club where Dimebag was murdered. Was in there many times, but not that night. Thank God. What a freaky scene.

BigNewsDay said...

Welcome to the site Clew. I live in Arlington, TX, which was Dime's hometown. I went to highschool with the dude and was fortunate enough to watch Pantera grow from a cheesy bar band to one of the best metal bands of all time.