The right-wing lunatics are pushing an ABC/Disney documentary about the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. The "hack-u-mentary", which is supposedly based on the 9/11 Commission Report, holds various factual inaccuracies. For example, the documentary suggests that Bill Clinton ignored the Osama Bin Laden threat, refusing to "whack" him even when CIA operatives had him in their crosshairs. This is truly a DISNEY fantasy flick, and it shameful that ABC will air it. It is scheduled to air on September 10 and 11.
So how do we know the wingnuts are behind this? First of all, ABC refuses to give either Clinton, Albright, or Berger a transcript of the docudrama. Secondly, an ABC insider has emailed known-wingnut Hugh Hewitt with the following:
The Disney execs met all through the weekend - unheard of in this business - debating what changes would be made and what concessions should be given. Here is what looks to be the conclusion:
- There will be a handful of tweaks made to a few scenes.
- They are minor, and nuance in most cases - a line lift here, a tweak to the edit there.
- There are 900 screeners out there. When this airs this weekend, there will be a number of people who will spend their free evenings looking for these changes and will be hard pressed to identify them. They are that minor.
- The average viewer would not be able to tell the difference between the two versions.
- The message of the Clinton Admin failures remains fully intact.
In case you're wondering, that last two bits refer to the "edited" docudrama.
The way this prop-u-mentary is looking, it should have aired on FAUX NEWS!
Thankfully, there is something YOU CAN DO!
Call, write, or visit your local ABC station and voice your opinion on this humbuggery. In Chicago, we're getting ready to protest at the ABC studios in downtown Chicago, located on State and Lake, 15 minutes prior to every newscast.
We have to make our voices heard! If we let the nation watch this garbage, imagine what the implications will be? Bush will begin to look less-guilty, and the wingnuts will attempt to pummel Clinton to the ground anytime one of us criticizes King George, the Decider!
Before I go, I must say: FUCK WINGNUTS AND FUCK BUSH!